Wednesday, July 7, 2010

swimming!


862_0425
Originally uploaded by Our Little One
this is our neighborhood pool, that we LIVE at in the summer. after 3 years of living here, i finally remembered to bring the camera out to the pool! (i still forgot to get pictures of them on the slide)
halle taught herself to swim last summer. it took her less then a week to practice and get it. she refused to let me practice with her (luckily its a walk in pool, so she could practice where she could still stand up on her own)...she got really good at it and this year she is even better....i've seen her beat kids twice her age and height in races.
the girls love to have halle swim under my legs while kiera swims on top of the water.
kiera has gotten really good too, she LOVES to practice with me. i can walk along side here in the water and she can swim and grab my arm for a quick rest and then keep going....we can go pretty far like this.
both the girls can swim on their backs and kick too, so when they get tired from swimming, they just flip over

6 comments:

Boyd Box said...

I dream of the lovely day when my kids can swim in the water and I stop freaking out over it. Seriously, I think I could start to like going to the pool (minus the whole you-have-to-wear-a-swimsuit part).

Susan said...

Kiera is doing so well--even better than last time I saw her. You've got a couple of fish there! :)

Heather said...

Your girls are such over-achievers! :) I can't believe how well they both swim. And I thought Isabella was doing well jumping in the pool with her floaties on (and going under)! Guess we have some work to do :)

Heather said...

Btw, you are FIERCE! Seriously one hot mama.

Melanie said...

Wow! They are FISH! So fun to see video of them swimming!!

A Grieving Mother said...

That is AWESOME!!! Aiden refuses to put his head under the water, and I only just got Ava to get down on her belly in the shallow area today, lol. GO Kiki and Halle!!!!!