Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Halle's "Style" and my birthday!


DSC09566, originally uploaded by Our Little One.

this is a typical outfit halle will pick out for herself. her and kiera insist on picking out their own clothes (and have since they were a year old)....i like it because i say go in your rooms and get dressed...it takes them a while to pull it together and then halle comes out soooo proud of what she calls her "style"...."do you like my style today, mom?" i say i love it and take a picture, there are almost always leggings involved and on this day there are two pairs of leggings!

yestarday was my birthday. i decided for my birthday this year i wanted to go to the mountains on a weekend getaway, so thats what we are doing this weekend, tom took a day off to have a longer weekend and we are very excited!!........yestarday was still a fun day too.....me and the girls packed a picnic. it was almost 70 and we went to the park and relaxed and played. picnics are me and the girls favorite thing to do. then we came home and had naps. then we went to ballet, we went early so kiera could dance in the studio a little bit with halle before it started.
when we got home tom had a birthday surprise for us. he made dinner and pie. and had hid easter eggs and candy all over the house for the girls to find and boiled eggs so we could dye the eggs. it was a fun way to spend them evening, esp. since i am going to my mom's for easter this year and tom will miss spending it with us. the girls were so happy, they ate candy for dinner. then halle made me stand in the front of the room so they could sing happy birthday to me. and through out the day she had whispered in a few random people's ears that it was my birthday and they should wish me a happy birthday...so at the park, i had a few random people to celebrate my birthday with, haha....
we put the girls to bed and watched a movie and ate the rest of the pie!!! it was a great birthday , with more celebrating to come!!!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Tom is SUCH a great husband and dad! Everything he planned for you and the girls was SO thoughtful! Glad you had a fun day and get to look forward to a fun and relaxing weekend get away!!

Heather said...

Your birthday sounds great! Way to go Tom! Halle's style cracks me up. I can't wait to see how it develops over the years. I'm picturing a lot of Hannah Montana-ish stuff in your home :)