Tuesday, July 8, 2008

speakin' southern

I forgot to write something funny that happened at that redneck festival....we were sitting on a wagon ride, halle was chatting with a little boy around her age. He had a VERY thick southern accent. He pointed to a duck pond and said, (please try to say this line with your very best southern impression, think jeff foxworthy) "look at dem bi-bay ducks" (translation: look at them baby ducks). Halle turned to me and said, "mommy, look at those bi-bay ducks" (i think she thought he taught her a new kind of duck). My stomach turned and my thoughts of homeschooling the kids were reinforced. then he said, "look at dem guess" (translation: look at them geese). This time Halle looked at him and said, "those aren't guess, those are geese". I was proud of her for standing up for correct English.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

That's awesome! Gotta love those rednecks. ;-)