Tuesday, August 12, 2008

HALLE

halle, "mom, say, 'can i have some of your gum'"
me (taking halle's orders as usual, knowing that this is sure to be a trap), "halle, can i have some of your gum"
halle, "no, mommy, it has my germs on it"

kiera screams at the top of her lungs and laughs (a daily ritual)
Halle, "kiera, that is an outside yell!"
when kiera is old enough to understand halle and take orders from her, it will be like having another mom around the house, i can't wait. kiera understands a few orders from halle now, like come here or no or that's mine, she usually follows those better from halle then if they come from me.

kiera is in her carseat breaking the sun shade.
halle, "kiera, stop it!!"
me, "its ok if she breaks it" (if it keeps them entertained, let them do it, right?)
halle, still wanting kiera to stop, even though i said it was ok, "kiera, please stop, your annoying me!!!!!!!!"

Halle told lynn this "joke" at least 3 X a day while we were on our trip and thought it was soooo funny.
"lynn, how bout we take lucy home with us and leave kiera here!!!"

Kiera adores halle and craves her attention, which halle is on and off about giving her. sometimes kiera is just in halle's way. she tries to sit on her lap and hug her all the time. its really cute, esp when halle is ok with it. tonight kiera pulled her hair. Halle, "kiera, that wasn't berry kind!"

Halle is OCD about using clean potties. she did not learn this from me as i can only dream about always having my toliets sparkling clean. at home she is not as crazy and will just flush them before she uses them. on the airplane, she was totally disgusted at the thought of using the bathroom, it is pretty gross, but i tried to act like it was no big deal and told her there was brown soda spilled in it, aka skid marks.
halle, "its, ok, i don't have to go anymore"
me, "if you don' t go, you won' t have any room for soda" (soda is one of halle's favorite treats)
halle looked horrified and burst into tears.
halle, "mommy, I DON'T USE DIRTY POTTIES!!!!!! PLEASE DON'T BE MAD AT ME!!!!!!
this is all taking place in the back of the air plane, while i'm holding kiera and the door open and over the jet noise, i'm pretty sure it just looks like i am beating a child in the back of the plane and all people can hear is her screaming, "please don't be mad at me!" needless to say, i put her in kiera's diaper and let her pee in that.

Well, I don't want to end this post with a story of Halle being a little montster so I have to say that after that, she did great both ways, me and kiera took a nap while halle watched a dvd or drew in a notebook and of course sipped her soda.

3 comments:

Mike and Jen said...

Hey me and halle have the same joke! jk She is so stinking hilarious and by the way I am goign to have to turn you in to CPS for making your child use a dirty potty

Melanie said...

I miss you guys!!! I love your beautiful blog!! Love the pictures and love the captions!!

Steph and David said...

email me at davidjaywilson@gmail.com so that I can invite you to our blog, which is going private.

Thanks,

David Wilson