Thursday, November 17, 2011

utah trip!


DSC02347, originally uploaded by Our Little One.

this is from the church history museum in salt lake. we spent a lot of time dancing! this was really fun, i danced quite a bit too. look at tom in his little vest, always knew there was a little latin in him somewhere.

yestarday at the good will kiki found a brand new mini backpack, hello kitty and asked if we could get it for halle for xmas. we did, very sweet.

i told kiki a while ago i wanted slippers for xmas. yestarday at the goodwill i found some and put them in the cart. kiki said , mom, can those be from me? i'll get them for you for xmas!

yestarday halle told me she had $5 left from her birthday money. then she said, i need to get something for you, daddy and kiki, so how much can spend on each of you? really sweet. she has some things hidding in her room that she bought at a neighbors yardsale for kiki and lucy. don't know how they got so sweet sometimes!

at the neighborhood halloween party there was a costume contest. halle and kiki got judged and lost. when they came over to me, of course i was shocked they didn't win (hello? shouldn't the cutest kids win?!?!) so i said to halle, you should have won, your costume was the best. (i was thinking halle was going to be very disappointed) but she just said to me, "can i go tell the girl who won, 'good job', she has a pretty costume?".......ok, whos kid is this?!?!?!?

halle said, how come kiki has a nickname and not me? i said, pick a nickname. she said ok, call me freckles! (halle btw, loves the few freckles she has across her nose!)

halle, "mommy, when my two front teeth fall out will they grow in bigger?"
me, "yes, much bigger."
halle, "do you think the space between my two front teetch will close up?"
me, "yeah, it probably will."
halle, "oh, no!!! i love that space. its so cute!"

kiki likes to crawl in my bed in the morning and snuggle for a little bit. then halle gets up and sees us together. halle's not a nighttime snuggler, so never cares, but out of principle one day, she got in my bed early one morning and beat kiki there. when kiki got up and found us together. she was so jealous! usually the girls are so spoiled with my attention that they dont' get jealous of one another but kiki has pushed halle off my lap since the day she was born, so she was in disbelief. about 10 min later watching cartoons i saw her having a very grumpy look on her face. whats wrong , i asked. kiki said, i'm still sad i saw halle in your bed this morning.

lynn has been halle's primary teacher all year. they got halle's class a new teacher a few sundays ago. halle cried that night. halle really loves lynn.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Love all your stories and pictures!! LOVE my adorable neices!! Tom is rocking that vest!