Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Lucy Rose

We have a new neice! Lynn had her baby today and named her Lucy Rose. I told Halle that Lynn had a baby named Lucy. Halle's jaw dropped, "mom, I have a baby named Lucy, too!" She grabed her favorite baby and has called her Lucy all day!

Halle really had a great time with her Aunt Kelly at Disney world. In her honor, halle decided to name one of her barbies Kelly. This is a pretty rare occassion since all the blond, average looking barbies are just called Barbie. very few have been named and only the "unique" ones. Let's see , there's Carly, the black one, Tatiana, the one that blinks, yeah, you heard me right, we have a barbie that blinks and yes, it is creepy, Mulan, the asian, not one of Halle's most original names, and now, Kelly, the barbie with freckles.

another note about barbies; Halle has a few barbies that she plays with in the bath. We leave them in the bath since it takes so long for their hair to dry. After returning from our trip, I was giving the girls a bath and noticed one of the barbies looked as though she had black roots. "surely, i thought, barbie is way to classy to let her roots get black". I picked her up and her whole head was covered in mold!

Halle one liners:
Kiera was fussing for one of Halle's crackers. Halle said, "don't freak out kiera, I'll give you one"
Tom told Halle that he was a "superman prince" (whatever that means). Halle laughed and said, "your freaking out, dad"
Halle sitting next to the lap top, "mom, can you open up the laptop so i can check my email"

Gas is sooo expensive. I am left to evaluate if everything I do is worth the money in gas. I'm so cheap that some activities have gotten scratched. Storytime at the close library, a couple bucks, worth it. At the library further away, a few bucks, not worth it. a playdate is schedualed for thursday at the animal park 30 min away, hmmm...at least 10 bucks, probably won't go. peggy made me feel like a real cheapskate tonight, maybe I am. anyone else doing this or am i a cheapskate? Luckily our neighborhood pool opened this weekend, we'll probably be going everyday, and we'll walk!

2 comments:

Mike and Jen said...

You are definitely a cheapskate but don't worry I do the same thing! Halle is hilarious and don't feel bad becasue I am totally going to copy you for the one liners on my next blog

Jenny Timmerman said...

I definitely categorize our activities into those worth the gas money and those that aren't worth it. Halle has such a great little personality. So fun.