Sunday, May 11, 2008

Tribute to my mom!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms I know!

Especially to my mom. She is the greatest mom and the best example I have to follow. Mom taught me a few things about motherhood worth mentioning. Kids are only little once, so enjoy them. Enjoy them at each stage. mom had fun with us, she really played with us and understood that that making us happy and helping us feel good about ourselves was what we would remember, never to place the less important things in life, like housework, ahead of that. We do remember that, mom, and you have been all of our best freinds since the time we were little to now! Your good for a laugh, your good for a cry, your great for advice (always unsolicitated, of course, but what we do without it?). One of your famous sayings that I remember everyday, "if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" (i think your cooking apron said this). It sounds funny, but I remember it because its true. A mother is in charge of the entire families happiness. That's a big responsibility, mom, but you did it, you were always happy and fun and because of that so were we!! It's an example I try to follow in my family! So I could go on and on forever about my mom! shes amazing and all I ever do to show appreciation is tease her relentlessly :) there are things that i do with my girls , that i know you did with us, even though i can't remember being that small and there are things I can't wait to do with my girls that i remember you doing with us. cooking in the kitchen, making pizza, cookies, egg roll, planning parties for my classes, reading, coloring, barbies, hair cuts, salt dough villages, xmas ornaments, swiming, rollerskating, sleepover parties, pool parties, gardening (sort of) , taking care of pets, picnics, camp outs, grand canyon trips, temple trips, family home evening, ect. as a mom now, i realize the sacrifices moms make for their kids, how much kids take and take and drive you crazy sometimes, but you keep going, thanks, mom! The most important thing you taught us, mom, is that a family must be built on values, love, respect, principles, and faith. You taught us why we are here, that God has a plan for us, that we are children of God and have inherent worth because of that. You shared your testimony of Jesus Christ with us and helped us develop our own. You taught us the scripture stories. You taught us how to be happy, taught us that families are forever and the relationships among family members are to be valued above all else, you taught us how to follow Christ's example so that we could return to Him again someday. You left your children a path to follow that we will pass on to our children. Mom, thanks for everything, we love you!!

"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." (2nep 25:26)

(here's hoping that this tribute to you makes up for my impersonal mother's day gift card!)

1 comment:

Jenny Timmerman said...

Halle seems like such a talker. So fun.