Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Halle!

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
Her Royal Highness, Princess Halle, requests your presence at the Royal celebration of her third birthday.
The celebration will be October 17th from 3:00-4:00pm .
The party will be held at The Highlands Playground.
Please feel free to dress in your royal attire...princesses, pirates, witches, dragons, genies, even commoners are welcome.
Halle had a princess party on Friday! I made this snow white cake, it was my first cake, i was so proud of it, but it took me way longer then i thought it would. i should have just bought the wilton cake mold, but i barrowed different parts from different people to pull it off and halle was thrilled! this is halle' s best bud, Ruthie! there was about 20 kids at the party, about 15 families, I had it at the playground in our subdivision, it was a perfect day for a party, clouded over and about 75 degrees, October is the best month to have a birthday in Georgia! nice cleavage, ruthie, and halle's face always goes like this (crocked smile and weird eyebrows) when she says cheese, its really too bad because she has such a pretty smile.
this was the cake about half way through the project. Halle, who is my number one fan all the time, kept saying, "it looks so beautiful, mom, your doing a great job!" and then had to admit, "it looks a little weird". I kept trying to reassure her it would be pretty, but she just kept telling me it was beautiful, shes so nice to me!
I know what your thinking...where did we ever get such a cool cd player? get this...you can turn the cd part over and there's a mirror with lights around it! and the purple part, is fur! JEALOUS!

ok, enough of the cake....back to the party. I set up a table with a bunch of makeup and mirrors and nail polish. the girls (15 girls and only 5 boys, sorry boys!) were glued to this table for the first half of the party, they LOVED doing their make up and each other nails! I set up another little table with snacks and all halle' s tea party stuff. all the girls came dressed up, so cute!
even kiki came dressed up, kiera loves for us to put her in dress up clothes, its really cute because kiera fights getting dressed everyday, but picks out dresses and pushes them into you and grunts till you put them on her, she also loves wings and dress up shoes...princess in training...she's being trained by the best...halle!
i'll post more pics soon, but i wanted to get some up for mom!

5 comments:

Aunt Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aunt Sue said...

No, this isn't Aunt Sue, this is Grandma Sue who still can't get it right in leaving a post...anyway....I loved the before and after of the cake, it was a like a "Extreme makeover" especially the hair!! I loved it, and the girls are all darlings! Love, GRANDMA Sue!

Nikki said...

Wow Lori, Amazing Birthday Party, Amazing Cake-Happy Birthday Halle, Madison is very envious of your party.

Mike and Jen said...

I am actually speechless!! I can not believe how good that cake turned out! I am definitely stealing the idea now!

Garretts said...

Happy Birthday Halle!! We meant to call to talk to her, but I guess eveytime Cory called alle was already in bed. Great cake!! I was quite impresed considering this is your 1st one.