Sunday, February 1, 2009

my kiddos

my kiddos are so amazing. they have been so understanding of my being a total blob on the bed and talking in a creepy voice without moving my jaw. i am soooo starving all the time, but i can only eat in little increments and have lost my appitite, so i forget to eat at all sometime...halle can hear my stomach growling when she is playing with me, today she said, "i heard you stomach say, 'i'm hungry'"
halle was in heaven with grandma spoiling her by buying her new skirts with matching shirts, today i told her she could "match or mix" (a line from a barbie book about getting dressed) halle was so excited to start trying on different combinations. to get really into the moment she came up to me and said, "excuse me , ma'm, do you work here?", i said , yes. she said, "do you have a dressing room I can use", i said yes and pointed to a corner behind the couch. she went over came back to me, "that dressing room has a bug in it , do you have another one?'
so, i pointed to another corner. shes so silly, and was right about the bug!
kiki is talking a lot more these days, its really fun to hear her personality come out more and more. she loves the princesses , especially snow white, whom, she calls, "white", one of her favorite words! she also loves to go in the bathroom and start pulling off her pants, saying, "baaa, baaaa" for bath.
she loves to go to night, night when she's tired and tells everyone, "bye" and "night"
now that tom has been putting kiera to sleep, we realized he's better at it then me. i can hear her laughing at all his stories and songs. when he lays her down i hear him say night , night and she always says, "night" back. when he leaves sometimes she calls out, "daddy!" our monitor is also like a walkie talkie and tom gets on it and says, lay down and go to sleep kiki. and she actually listens to him, i never would have thought that would have worked!
tom decided to move kiera's high chair the other direction and closer to the living room so she could watch her cartoons in the morning while she ate. now when kiki is hungry she moves her high chair, and crawls up inside it, sits down and yells out "Eeeeettt, eeeeettt!" its sooo funny!
kiki loves when we say , smile with your eyes closed. she does it and its so cute!
kiki loves dress up clothes. she brings us clothes all the time to put on her. she loves when i turn on music, her signature move, is getting on her toes and pivoting on one foot in a circle.
her favorite book is cinderella. she likes dora, "dowa"
she likes the toy cars in nursery, something we don't have at home.
halle told her friend, "my mom can't talk, she had her tonsils out, she can only go, mmm, mmm"
halle imitated my mumbled grunts without moving her jaw, it was pretty accurate.
i'm grateful that i have good freinds to help me through this recovery. peggy has made me dinner and is making me soup tomarrow and bringing the fam dinner next week. she took halle to the bounce house on friday and then came over friday evening while tom worked to make my kids and me dinner, cleaned my kitchen , loaded the dishwasher, took out all my garbages, and wore out the kids for bed time! she has offered any help i need next week any time!!
tonight tom got called to work, my freind sara came over to help get my kids ready for bed. i felt sick to my stomach so i was really boreing all evening and sara came and cheered up the girls and got them dressed and ready. and, tom's coworker brought me ice cream, yummy! other friends have offered dinners and help, so maybe i'll take them up on it next week!

No comments: