Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bribes, Bribes, Bribes

We are making progress on potty training, slow progress, but i'm satisfied that at least we are moving forward. Halle has not had an accident for weeks now. I am usually the one to suggest that she go sit on the potty , but she tells me that she has to go (or that she started to go and stopped it) about half the time. We have gotten no where with number two, she always go as soon as I put on her diaper for naptime. I am fine with that for now, at least she waits for the diaper, right? But I have thrown out a ton of bribes to encourage her to try to use the potty. I gave her a bite of a snickers bar and told her she could have the rest if she went. I told her we could go visit Lynn if she went. I told her she could hold new baby Lucy if she went. Finally tonight i told her she could have whatever she wanted if she went. so what would you want? Halle, "Make up and a horse". I said ok to the makeup and she just keep saying "and a horse". figures, this would backfire and she would come up with something I can't get her.

No comments: