Sunday, June 8, 2008

Mmmmm...licious!

-Halle told me the other day that lunch was mmmmm...licious.
-On a walk she said, "that cloud looks like a butterfly and that one looks like a suitcase"
-halle's "favorite toy": she loves to play with these little care-bear figures and a little house. she makes them have little conversations (whats your favorite show, what do you like to do?).
-her imagination has really taken off in the past couple months. she loves to "tend" (pretend) all kinds of things are going on. at the pool she has a few things she likes, "let's tend that i'm areil and you are ursuala" and then she starts telling me she wants legs and holding invisible treasures and using the toys as fish. another funny one is pretending we are in mermaidia and we are mermaid barbies (its a movie, we have the book) she goes to the vents at the bottom of the pool and says this is the bogs of the hinterland (the place where prince nalu is being held captive) and yells "prince nalu are you down there". it makes playing with halle a lot of fun, but i'm sure people at the pool think we are crazy!
-we have been going to the pool everyday. for the past week i decided to just keep swimming and skip Halle's naps. the pool tires her out by the end of the day and she has been in bed asleep no later then 6:30pm! I lost my mid-day break, but have loved having the evenings off and no more getting up after i put her to sleep, some days she is so wasted that she's asleep before i even leave the room.
-we have a new nephew, born this week! Julianna and Cory (tom's brother) had baby Christopher! we can't wait to meet him along with our new neice born a couple months ago , kady and taco's new addition, Gaby!

Product Reviews:
-kc masterpeice fajita marinade *****
we have been using it as a sauce for our fajitas, it is soooo yummy, we eat fajitas once a week now!! i'm sure it would be good as a marinade as well. (note: its sweet, the May family should not buy)
-swiffer sweep and vac **
I have finally fufilled my dream of having a swiffer and i'm a little disappointed. the swiffer is fast and easy to use. but it does not get everything off the floor, the vacuum is weak. i'm back to old fashioned sweeping and on my hands and knees to mop with rags!
-bowls with attached straws *
i thought these bowls were great, Halle loved them, and she didn't have to pick up her bowl to drink the milk out. so i finally decided to try it my self. mid-bowl, i was excited to take my first drink, i ended up slurping into my mouth a brown mucus plug! it has taken me weeks to even talk about it with out feeling like i might throw up! be warned, these straws do get fully cleaned out in the dishwasher and who knows whats growing inside!

4 comments:

Mike and Jen said...

okay -
A.) Halle is freaking hilarious
B.) That is one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard!

Glad it was you not me

Boyd Box said...

Ohmygoodness! Halle is so funny! I love the mermaid play in the pool. So cute! What a blessing that she has an imagination.

Heather said...

I threw up a little in my mouth thinking about the brown gunk. I have such a weak stomach. I seriously need to meet your girls. They are such dolls. I love Halle's one-liners. What a funny little girl she is...just like her mama!

Anonymous said...

the word mucus plug has now taken on a whole new meaning, and anyone giving birth will be thinking about you and your bowl of cereal."BOTTOM'S UP!!"

lOVE,momma lopez