Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Girly Girl

ok, so there's girly girls and then one step above that is Halle. She is all girl. I really don't understand how her girliness surpasses mine, i don't know where she learned it. She loves makeup. as we walked by a SAlly's beauty supply store, her eyes lit up like she was looking at a candy store. I told her the store was closed and she nearly had a panic attack as she choked out the words, "but, i think my lipstick from this morning has rubbed off". i tried to assure her that i could still see it. She loves to put on lipstick and when she's done she says, "now i need something to make it shine" (meaning I need lipgloss on top). When we are getting ready to leave the house, she is quickly accessorizing herself, something anyone who knows me, knows I never do! she grabs a matching purse, bracelet, necklace, her princess cell phone, ect. she even tells me, " i have to go upstairs and get a different bracelet", me: whats wrong with the one you have? Halle, "this one doesn't match my dress". I think sometimes she's actually embarrassed for me that I don't know things like that. She loves to match her shoes to her dress and likes to help me pick out Kiera's outfit to match her dress. A few times she tried to talk me into putting kiera in a dress during the week, I had to explain to her that kiera doesn't like dresses because she can't crawl in them as quickly. Halle seemed horrified until i explained that kiera would like them when she got older. Halle hasn't asked me yet to get her ears peirced, although she has asked me to wear earings, something I never do. the other day she told me, "mommy, when me and kiera are big like a mama, we are going to get our ears peirced". Last week I got a pedicure (my second pedicure ever, last one 5 years ago). I came home and explained to Halle what a pedicure was (washing feet/painting toes). Halle stared at me in awe, like I was describing heaven to her. I really felt like she would have enjoyed and appreciated the pedicure more then i did. Immediately, she begged me to paint her nails and of course, kiera's nails, which we did. At least a few times a day she asks me and tom, "don't I look pretty?" Tom loves halle's girly side, he's always up for a tea party, my little ponies, or a game of pretty pretty princess (and of course, he'll wear the jewelry). One time he let halle stick princess stickers all over his shirt before they went to the store, and since we live in a fairly small town, someone who saw them at the store, saw me with Halle the next day and told me that Halle had a pretty cool dad. I had to agree!
We love watching Halle get all glamoured up and walk around this house like she's a superstar!

8 comments:

Mike and Jen said...

When I grow up I hope to look as good as Halle. Do you think she could do my makeup next time I come? I have never been able to figure out liquid eye liner. Halle what a stud!

Ryan said...

LOL This post, coupled with the "I want a horse" comment from the last post has had me laughing for the last five minutes!

... And the next time Tom decides to wear princess stickers, I think we need to see a picture of it. ;-)

Nikki said...

I love this girl! Isn't it amazing how each kid comes with their own little personality. I could definitely use some accessorizing help from Halle. And only a man very secure in his manhood would wear princess stickers for his lil'girl-way to go Tom!

Heather said...

I'm so happy she's a girly girl. She's totally a girl after my own heart. I still have hopes for Isabella :)

Boyd Box said...

Halle is awesome! I, too, wonder where children pick up their big personalities when it is such the opposite of their parents. Too, too cute, though!

Stefanie said...

Tag you're it.

AZ Allreds said...

I think Halle and Ella need to have a tea party together. Ella is my girly girl and loves to dress up, put on makeup (not too well), and fancy shoes are her passion. I'm glad Tom is good at playing along, Josh impresses me about being dressed up for tea parties too.

Kady said...

Hey guys! It sounds like Halle has upgraded from wearing high heels out to being fully decked out! Too cute!