Sunday, February 24, 2008

Stories

Tom accidently left for church with the car that had the baby car seat base in it. So, I had to put kiera in Halle's usual seat (which is reversable) and put Halle in an old, well used car seat our friends had given us. I got really excited when i told halle this was going to happen, so she wouldn't think she was getting the short end of the stick. Halle followed my cues and was really excited to use the "new" car seat. Halle told Kiera a few times "you are in a big girls seat". halle like the new situation because with kiera being higher and her being lower, she somehow figured out how to put her toes in kiera's mouth and let her chew on them while we were driving to and from church. well this activity was halarious and entertaining to both of them, so call me dirty, but i didn't stop it! after church halle said, mom, am I going to ride home in the new car seat, i said, yes. she said, mom, the new car seat is old. i guess you can only fool them so much, but she was still happy about it.

kiera started babbling, "ma-ma-ma-ma" the first time halle heard it, she ran into the room and said mommy, she can say mama!

tom showed halle the inside of his soda cap where i think the brand was written and asked her what do you think this says, she said, "daddy , you look great!" she knows just what daddy wants to hear!

If I had waited till halle was alittle older to have a baby, things would have been so different. she is so independent these days, not like at 21 months. in the morning she gets up, takes off her diaper and throws it away, undresses and gets dressed, which she likes to do because she is excited about wearing a dress for the day. she brings me a pull up to put on her. she can play alittle bit by herself. she can stay on different levels of the house then me. she does not sit on my lap while i'm nursing the baby. she knows to whisper while i'm nursing the baby and be really quiet when i am putting keekee to sleep. she can stay/walk with me at the grocery store and does not pull things off the shelves. she can get back in her PJs for bed. she tells me when she is tired for nap or bed. she can be reasoned with, she understands, "just a minute", "wait", and "when i'm done with the baby we can do something"...Luckily she has always been really good and really sweet! (disclaimer, when halle is tired, a lot of these things still may not happen)

Halle left me in charge of her baby doll while she went to go get something. she looked just like as she repeated all my usual orders I give to her when I leave the room and ask her to watch Kiera. she said (over and over again), "mommy, make sure she has toys", "not little toys", "don't throw toys around her", "make sure she is happy"

1 comment:

Steph and David said...

Tom and Laurie, your girls are so cute, Steph and I read the blog all the time and comment to each other how funny your stories are and how beautiful your girls are. Hopefully I will be able to drive that way as I drive the truck to New York in the fall and stop and say hi. Take care of yourselves,

David Wilson